Thursday, June 3, 2010

Denison Dam and Paul Miller Fly

Denison Dam has been generating between 10am and 5pm. Found good numbers of small fish hanging on the edge of the currrent. If you could mimic the final few kicks of an injured shad drifting down river then a strike was almost guaranteed. I don't think I once had a hit on the swing. There was one monster hit which broke me off immediately and quickly became a 10-15lbs fish (but I'm pretty sure he wasn't worth the cost of a Paul Miller fly). That fly had some crazy natural movement and looked sexy as could be but it is hard for me to justify such cost per fly for anything other then a fish of over 20lbs. Phil has again continued his reign of terror on buffalo. His cousin's son assisted in the landing of the fish. The kid makes one good net.

No comments:

Post a Comment